Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

web page

Talk about the weather
andrew
Weather Station: watson

web page

Post by andrew »

Hi can any one help me build a web page i have no idea how to put the cumulus web page on to a web page of my own i have looked on the help section and i have no idea where to start . i have not even built the page yet i have downloaded blue voder web page builder but thats as far as i have got . i want a web page of my own just for my weather so i can brorcast the cumulus software on it . please help thanks
aadal
Weather Station: WH 1080

Re: web page

Post by aadal »

andrew wrote:Hi can any one help me build a web page i have no idea how to put the cumulus web page on to a web page of my own i have looked on the help section and i have no idea where to start . i have not even built the page yet i have downloaded blue voder web page builder but thats as far as i have got . i want a web page of my own just for my weather so i can brorcast the cumulus software on it . please help thanks

Almoust all there in cumulus go to configuration and internet and sites/option.
Here you set up like to conect ftp.
Some files you must move from your cumulus local webfiles, if you read in help and help topics>creating a web site.
I had to go into ftp and change the attibutes on all the *.htm files to 744 and the files in images same.
  • Windows Vista

akinvic
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2

Post by akinvic »

It's actually quite simple compared to some other programs out there.

First, the obvious. I'm assuming you have webspace or a dedicated site that you can upload the Cumulus data to via FTP. It's good to have some basic knowledge of ftp before getting into something like this.

Second, manually upload the contents in the subfolder of the cumulus installation directory called webfiles to your webspace/site. Please note, the file named picture.jpg should go into an "images" directory on your site, which you can create with your FTP program. If you don't have one yet, I use a free one called Filezilla, but there's others out there.

Third, you need to set up your information on the Configuration->Internet screen, as aadal said. Then you should set some sort of autoupdate interval (I set mine to 10 minutes). Cumulus will then be able to automatically update your website at that interval. I'd also enable the realtime option which shows realtime wind data on the gauges page on your site. I set mine to 5 seconds.

Once you have set this up, your webpage should look something like this: http://www.vicweather.net/cumulus

Remember, these are template files, and yes, you can edit them (I haven't yet but might in the near future). It looks pretty snazzy on its own, however.

As aadal mentioned, all this is in the help section, but I know how confusing it can be when I first setting up a web page. There's going to be some trial and error. :D
Jonsey
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1081
Operating System: Shuttle Xpc SK41, XP Pro SP3

Post by Jonsey »

Hi, this is my first post, and I am so glad I found this site, as the information I have read is invaluable.

But I do have a problem, I have managed to set up a weather website via the Cumulus software, and I am trying to get the
images to display properly. On gagues the instrument view's do not want to work neither doe's the realtime indicators and I can not get the background picture working,
I have done everything that was said in the help topics, can anyone shed any light on what I am doing wrong

The website is http://worsleyweather.uuuq.com (sorry can not get it to clicky)
akinvic wrote:It's actually quite simple compared to some other programs out there.

First, the obvious. I'm assuming you have webspace or a dedicated site that you can upload the Cumulus data to via FTP. It's good to have some basic knowledge of ftp before getting into something like this.

Second, manually upload the contents in the subfolder of the cumulus installation directory called webfiles to your webspace/site. Please note, the file named picture.jpg should go into an "images" directory on your site, which you can create with your FTP program. If you don't have one yet, I use a free one called Filezilla, but there's others out there.

Third, you need to set up your information on the Configuration->Internet screen, as aadal said. Then you should set some sort of autoupdate interval (I set mine to 10 minutes). Cumulus will then be able to automatically update your website at that interval. I'd also enable the realtime option which shows realtime wind data on the gauges page on your site. I set mine to 5 seconds.

Once you have set this up, your webpage should look something like this: http://www.vicweather.net/cumulus

Remember, these are template files, and yes, you can edit them (I haven't yet but might in the near future). It looks pretty snazzy on its own, however.

As aadal mentioned, all this is in the help section, but I know how confusing it can be when I first setting up a web page. There's going to be some trial and error. :D
I must say I like the colourd boxed on the "now" page, how did you manage to do that??

Any help appreciated

Dave Jones
aadal
Weather Station: WH 1080

Post by aadal »

Hi there :D
Upload files with ftp in webfiles.
/ wz_jsgraphics.js , weatherstyle.css and CumulusRealtime.swf
/images picture.jpg
/dbimages
  • Windows Vista

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Jonsey wrote:I have done everything that was said in the help topics
Don't think so :)

As aadal says, you've missed some.

The 'box' you've mentioned will appear once you have the stylesheet uploaded.

Welcome!

Steve
RichardKB
Weather Station: Only a Fine Offset WH1081

Post by RichardKB »

Hi Andrew

I am with blueyonder.

I used a free ftp program which their are many out there.

With the ftp program I created a directory on my web site called weather then I uploaded the files to the weather directory with the ftp program.

So my weather directory looks like this with an ftp program.

196324 Dec 28 23:28 CumulusRealtime.swf
4096 Dec 28 23:28 dbimages (directory)
36691 Dec 30 11:15 gauges.htm
4096 Dec 28 23:42 images (directory)
4530 Dec 30 11:15 index.htm
224 Dec 29 16:42 realtime.txt
6325 Dec 30 11:15 record.htm
4499 Dec 30 11:15 today.htm
5190 Dec 30 11:15 trends.htm
3565 Dec 28 23:28 weatherstyle.css
17807 Dec 28 23:28 wz_jsgraphics.js
4532 Dec 30 11:15 yesterday.htm

Cumulus is set to;
host name = richkb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
directory = weather

The result is this.

http://www.richkb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ ... /index.htm

Rich
Jonsey

Post by Jonsey »

Nice one, looks I miss read the instruction in the help file, now all I got to do is get the realtime weatherdials working

This is my ftp list below.

Also how do you go about editing the copyright parts at the bottom of every webpage, as I did it and saved the new .htm files in C:\Program Files\Cumulus\web
but every time it updates via the software, it reverts back to the original .htm file.

Sorry to be a pain.

Dave :D :D :D
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Jonsey wrote:Nice one, looks I miss read the instruction in the help file, now all I got to do is get the realtime weatherdials working

You need to select 'enable realtime' in the internet settings, and choose an interval (in seconds).
Also how do you go about editing the copyright parts at the bottom of every webpage, as I did it and saved the new .htm files in C:\Program Files\Cumulus\web
but every time it updates via the software, it reverts back to the original .htm file.
You need to edit the corresponding template files - those with a 'T' in them. The web pages get created from those every update. Bear in mind that those files get overwritten if/when you install a new version of Cumulus.

Steve
Jonsey

Post by Jonsey »

steve wrote:
Jonsey wrote:Nice one, looks I miss read the instruction in the help file, now all I got to do is get the realtime weatherdials working

You need to select 'enable realtime' in the internet settings, and choose an interval (in seconds).
Have done that Steve, but still comes up with dd/mm/yy hh/mm/ss under the guages
steve wrote:
Jonsey wrote:Also how do you go about editing the copyright parts at the bottom of every webpage, as I did it and saved the new .htm files in C:\Program Files\Cumulus\web but every time it updates via the software, it reverts back to the original .htm file.
You need to edit the corresponding template files - those with a 'T' in them. The web pages get created from those every update. Bear in mind that those files get overwritten if/when you install a new version of Cumulus.

Steve
Have done that, thank you. Will back them up incase of data loss, so they can be restored easily.

Dave
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Jonsey wrote:Have done that Steve, but still comes up with dd/mm/yy hh/mm/ss under the guages
Your realtime.txt file isn't being uploaded. One possible cause of this that I've seen recently is that you've added a trailing slash to the directory name in the internet settings?

Steve
Jonsey

Post by Jonsey »

I just have the directory set to weather, on the internet settings page no / typed in
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Could you tun on the ftp logging and we'll see if the realtimeftplog.txt file is any help.

Steve
Jonsey

Post by Jonsey »

just turned ftp logging on.

Dave
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Jonsey wrote:just turned ftp logging on.
Should only need a minute or so before something shows up - depending on your realtime interval, of course.

Steve