Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Mine’s Bigger than Yours

Talk about the weather
robynfali
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP

Re: Mine’s Bigger than Yours

Post by robynfali »

We use MPG over here?
Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Matt.j5b »

MickinMoulden wrote:Going for Highest Dew Point:
26.8 C
and Highest inside temp:
36.2 C (outside 37.2)
I am going for the High Indoor Temp. When I got my 37.6 outside yesterday I got 38.9 inside. You may not believe me so I have attached the graph.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
MickinMoulden
Weather Station: WS-1081 with rain gauge mod
Operating System: Windows 7 & 1.9.3 b1059

Post by MickinMoulden »

Matt.j5b wrote:
MickinMoulden wrote:Going for Highest Dew Point:
26.8 C
and Highest inside temp:
36.2 C (outside 37.2)
I am going for the High Indoor Temp. When I got my 37.6 outside yesterday I got 38.9 inside. You may not believe me so I have attached the graph.
You may have to do some calibration and testing. Have you checked the temp gauges side by side lately, and is your indoor unit away from heat sources? I know you've supplied a graph, and the graph looks nice, but can I suggest (if you haven't already) get your hands on at least 1 more temp gauge and have all 3 next to each other for comparison. Easiest just to put them next to the out door unit, provided that isn't in the sun (if it is, your out door unit will be off even with the solar shield).
I've been here and done that ;) I've had my indoor unit nicely placed 30cm above the computer....BAD, now moved. Don't have it above a heat source, or at least 20cm? away from computers and screens (or similar low heat sources) These units will read body heat and body humidity if touching you. Not suggesting this is the situation, just saying they can be sensitive (but sensitive and accurate are completely different as I have found ;) )
Once you've compared temp readings you can make a judgement on which gauge is more likely providing the accurate reading and which gauge is not. Re-evaluate the indoor location, then which ever unit (if any) is reading out you can make a calibration adjustment.
In my case, my outdoor unit and extra gauge read equal but my indoor unit was 1.6C over. I have since calibrated, and feel happy with myself quoting any such indoor temps. I have also hade to do the same with the outdoor unit, not with a calibration, but with a relocation due to high readings of heated ground surface air rising into the temp guage. All fixed now and very happy with my setup. All I need to do now is get rid of the spikes!
If I'm way off, I appoligise, and suggest you get Roof Seal, Whirly Birds, insulation, wall shade and a heavy duty aircon :D
Michael, Palmerston, NT Australia www.Palmerston-WeatherImageNo image? I'm offline!
ImageImage
Matt.j5b
Weather Station: Davis VP2/ WLL with DFARS
Operating System: RPi Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Matt.j5b »

Thanks for the time you have taken to provide your comments, no bad feelings about your comments. I have recently been busy making sure my readings are correct and I have achieved that to an acceptable standard. As for the indoor readings when the house is locked up it gets very hot, it is not the best for staying cool. It is about 1 metre from the computer which is not always in use and is not near heat sources. It is therefore not subject to any effect that would inflate the readings. Basically the house gets hot without cooling and it does get warm while I am away. I also have a sensor from spare basic station ( is my station from 2009 that was replaced by my La Crosse Units) and read exactly the same. I can’t prove it because it does not have a logger but it did read the same, I have had indoor gauges inside for ages and see have not seen any no inflation of the readings . I think there is no way is it wrong, it is the measurement in the house. I don’t have air con – I don’t need it. I would not have gone for a high indoor temp if it is wrong and that is why I have delayed my website so I can edit out the wrong readings in the records of Cumulus. Regarding testing readings I have tested the spare sensor with my first La Crosse and I have tested the two La Crosse and I have tested the indoor with the spare and I have tested the spare with the mercury. These have been done at various times and errors are not present.

But thanks for your concern.
Regards, Matt of Brisbane, Australia
Ferny Grove Weather
bigmac
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless
Operating System: Raspbian wheezy

Post by bigmac »

Just occurred to me reading through some of these, surely it must be quite easy for some bright spark to set up a website that all our dayfile's could upload to so that all these stats could be automatically generated......A kind of "Annual Summary on steroids" type site.

Of course I could be talking out of my posterior and it might actually be quite difficult to do, but it was just a thought :?
And discuss...
Darknstormy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Operating System: Windows 11

Post by Darknstormy »

bigmac wrote:Just occurred to me reading through some of these, surely it must be quite easy for some bright spark to set up a website that all our dayfile's could upload to so that all these stats could be automatically generated......A kind of "Annual Summary on steroids" type site.

Of course I could be talking out of my posterior and it might actually be quite difficult to do, but it was just a thought :?
And discuss...
Get Idea I second that :D :clap:
ImageImage
weatherfrog80
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Windows XP SP 3

Post by weatherfrog80 »

Well i started recording with Cumulus this year on March 2nd, so my Cumulus Records are not that impressing yet. ;)

Highest Temperature: 11.9°C, 04/03/2012
Lowest Temperature: 1.2°C, 06/03/2012
Lowest Maximum: 6.0°C, 07/03/2012
Highest Minimum: 6.2°C, 10/03/2012
Highest Windgust: 42.6 km/h, 02/03/2012
Highest Windrun: 205.1 km, 12/03/2012
Highest Daily Rain: 10.8 mm, 07/03/2012

Before i bought the Fine Offset WH 1080, i had a WS2300 with the Program "WsWin" as evaluation software.
I hope you don't mind, if i post some records of my old station as well.

Highest Temperature: 37.3°C, 10/07/2010
Lowest Temperature: -15.2°C, 07/02/2012
Lowest Maximum: -8.1°C, 19/12/2010
Highest Minimum: 21.3°C, 10/07/2010
Highest Daily Rain: 34.7 mm, 14/09/2010
Highest Wind: 81.9 km/h, 05/01/2012

I'm curious what spring will bring.. :)

Regards

Georg
Best Regards

Georg

Private weatherstation Bremerhaven-Twischkamp
woolno
Weather Station: Ambient Ws 2080
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by woolno »

940.0 on the 15th at Nova Scotia Canada
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

woolno wrote:940.0 on the 15th at Nova Scotia Canada
940.0 what? Sea-level pressure in hPa? Seems very low, considering Halifax was at around 1000 hPa that day.
Steve
mart1ndale
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200A
Operating System: Windows XP

Post by mart1ndale »

Not sure if this qualifies, but Washington, DC, USA, just recorded its warmest winter on record.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I just noticed that my Highest Daily Temperature Range record was broken yesterday 26 March 2012 = 21.3°C
ken555
Weather Station: Fine Offset clone (Maplin N96GY)
Operating System: Win 10 x64

Post by ken555 »

mcrossley wrote:I just noticed that my Highest Daily Temperature Range record was broken yesterday 26 March 2012 = 21.3°C

Largest Daily Range 24.1 °C on 25 March 2012
kimis
Weather Station: Elecsa (Fine Offset)
Operating System: Win7

Post by kimis »

Highest Daily Range 24,5 °C on 30 July 2012, at Klaipeda Lithuania
Kimis
kimis
Weather Station: Elecsa (Fine Offset)
Operating System: Win7

Post by kimis »

and one more interesting data - biggest pressure chage per period
I have 19.7 hPa over almost 12h - 23th February 2012 00:12 1004,5 hPa -> 11:27 same day 984,8 hPa
Kimis
apple8
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by apple8 »

kimis wrote:Highest Daily Range 24,5 °C on 30 July 2012, at Klaipeda Lithuania
Just checked my records- Highest Daily Range 25.7 °C on 20 October 2011