Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Adding a webcam to site

Talk about the weather
Manzara
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: XP

Adding a webcam to site

Post by Manzara »

I am a newbies to this. How do I add a webcam to my website. Blow by blow details please getting on in years and need detailed help.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Adding a webcam to site

Post by steve »

There's a webcam section in the forum, which would probably have been a better place to ask. You might want to look through the posts in there. I don't currently have a webcam myself.
Steve
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

I keep blowing hot and cold about a webcam but during a hot spell I came across this site which to me offers the most comprehensive introduction you could possibly want. http://meteo.milliflora.com/MET_Page_Welcome.aspx
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Post by uncle_bob »

steve wrote:There's a webcam section in the forum, which would probably have been a better place to ask.
Can you move the thread Steve?
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Post by uncle_bob »

It's probably best you read up the web cam thread as Steve suggested, that's how I got mine working.

Anyway, the key thing is to get the Camera visible to the Internet by making sure the ports are open or forwarded in your Modem or Router. You're going to have to try and read up a bit as I doubt anyone is going to want to hold your hand completely do this for you.

Have a crack yourself, google up port forwarding with you modem model and if you still need help, post up what you're tried, what works or doesn't work.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather