Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Daily records / Daily stats

Other discussion about creating web sites for Cumulus that doesn't have a specific subforum

Moderator: daj

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Daily records / Daily stats

Post by Mapantz »

I've had a bit of a rummage on the forum, but I can't find anything, so please forgive me if i've not looked harder. :oops:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a script that would supply daily records? A bit like the Cumulus' monthlyrecords.htm, but for a chosen day?
and along the lines of drop down menu's where you choose a day - month - year, either to be read from a text file or sql (preferably)

I'm sure I saw something on a weather site many years ago.. not to be confused with the climate or datasummary script. :)

Kind regards.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Daily records / Daily stats

Post by sfws »

I once wrote several JavaScript routines to read the standard Cumulus daily summary log and this old posting covers one of my scripts https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 742#p71709.

Although the coding is not what you want, it might give you several ideas on a way forward. The script has the coding for reading the log, and for populating a web page laid out similar to what you want, it only lacks the ability to select a day. The thread apparently also contains my PHP and MySQL version, so that too might help you. I no longer use XAMPP and have moved away from standard Cumulus, so I would not easily understand either of these old scripts.

You would need to modify the script to allow you to select a day, but maybe you could manage that. I don't have spare time to look or work it out for you. What I can say is that I do still use a jQuery routine within another one of my scripts for presenting a calendar to select a date and so these snippets might be useful (use search for 'datepicker' on the jQuery site):

Code: Select all

<script src="../js/jquery-ui-1.11.4.custom/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>

Code: Select all

$(function() {
			$( "#datepicker" ).datepicker({
				dateFormat: "dd/mm/y",
				defaultDate: -1,
				hideIfNoPrevNext: true,
				maxDate: -1 
			});
		});
laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

Laurent

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Thank you for your replies - had some via PM too. :)

Time is limited at the moment, busy xmas & all that. I've managed to implement some graphs which laulau kindly directed me to, and so i've been doing the odd hour here and there to get them working, and match them to other graphs on my site. I've also added my solar and sunshine data to one of the pages as well as adding some small tweaks which I've got from reading fiddles on highcharts.

http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/graphs_monthly.php

The other page: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/graphs_climate.php

I've only got 10 months worth of data from this weather station, so the graph looks a bit bare at the moment :lol: but as the years tick by, it should fill up and the trends will take shape. It is still a handy tool for me, when looking at past days & months. I do like statistics!

Another kind member has given me some info to work with for statistics too, hopefully I can take a look over the next few days.

I wouldn't be able to have all this info on my site without the knowledgeable people making these scripts and being helpful. It is very much appreciated.

Kind regards & merry christmas! :)
N0BGS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win10vm,VMWare ESXi 7.0

Post by N0BGS »

Those look great, Mapantz. Nicely done.

--Kurt
Blitzortung Station 1809